FORMATION : INTERNATIONAL LABOUR STANDARDS AND CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: THE LABOUR DIMENSION OF HUMAN RIGHTS DUE DILIGENCE – 18 OCTOBER 21
Companies that fully understand their employees’ rights are better at respecting them. In this course, participants work through the complex issues that companies may face when designing new due-diligence processes and principles . Core questions include: What should we do when national law is not consistent with the International Labour Standards? How can we balance competing rights? What should we do when the government does not fulfill its duty to protect workers?
Corporate social responsibility and sustainability professionals; government officials, particularly those working in the field of public procurement; employers’ organization and trade-union corporate social responsibility and sustainability professionals.
This course is designed for professionals who want to link three key topics in their work:
- International Labour Standards
- Corporate social responsibility
- Human rights due diligence
Participants deepen their knowledge of key topics with the guidance of international development experts.
- All about the ILO’s International Labour Standards
- A comparative overview of leading international corporate social responsibility frameworks
- Best practices in human rights due diligence by companies from different geographical, sectoral, and operational contexts
Participants are prepared to design due diligence frameworks for their businesses and institutions.
- Analyze international corporate social responsibility policies through the lens of the International Labour Standards
- Optimize due diligence processes to promote and respect workers’ rights
- Assess actual and potential adverse labour rights impacts
The course will be offered online through the ITCILO e-campus over a period of 4 weeks from 18 October to 12 November 2021, for an estimated total of 36 learning hours.
The course consists of three components:
- Self-guided learning: Flexible self-guided online learning on e-campus, anytime and anywhere
- ‘Real time’ learning: Technical learning webinar and engaging video presentations by highly experienced trainers are programmed twice week. These sessions provide for an opportunity to interact with experts and co-participants directly.
- Assignments: Short and task-oriented assignments to be completed as preparation or follow up to the learning webinars